Well, tomorrow is the first day of school. The class room is all set up with a new tefillah bulletin board.
I can’t imagine I’ll have a ton of time to post but in brief – this year I’ll be teaching Pirkei Avos to a 3/4 Girls mix in addition to regular learning.
Tomorrow’s lesson plan is . . . Drum roll please
- Welcome! Students fill “All About Me”
- בקר טוב
Routine (on desk siddur and pencil ready for tefilla lesson)
- תפילה – outloud with chazzan per tefilla
- Putting away Supplies
- Practice getting into group tables from U
- חומש – With group come up with events, people, places and numbers learned about last year
- חגים – with a different group using chayenu as a reference, put the months in order, glue holidays on to back of month names
- Class Meeting – with Mrs. Stoll
- develop class rules and charter
- behavior system
- Set up binders with Sheet Protectors