Intro: We are starting אשרי!
We discussed אשרי means happy. What do we need to do to be happy? We need to focus on good things to appreciate them to be happy. In אשרי, we will focus on many things ה’ does which is why we are happy.
Chumash: Review Pesukim 25-27.
Learn pesukim 28-31
Draw shorashim on board
2) Ask questions:
- if יעקב thinks it is time to leave, what should the conversation go like?
- When do you think יעקב will want to go and why?
- Will לבן want him stay? How will he convince יעקב to stay.
3) Read פסוקים inside the חומש
- call on students to read phrases
- read as a class
- kids ask questions based on the fact that the pesukim differ from what they expected.
- read rashis
- read pesukim as a class
4) Fill in translations – the students paired themselves up. I sat in the back of the room. Some students like the security of working with me. Others prefer to work with friends.
- Level 1 – with teacher/ friend
- Level 2 – with friend, and fill in שרשיםת גוף & זמן
Ivrit: Follow up on conversation. Have peple invit e each other to do something
Gedolim: Rav Tuvia Goldstein. His Yartzheit is Sunday, 14 Iyar. I didn’t have much material – but one of my students was named after him. There is a cool story about how he managed to survive Siberia because his camp guard thought he had connections in Moscow. This was an opportunity to talk about Stalin and what a Rasha he was to his own people.
Parsha : Two Parshios – – Using the sheets from chinuch.org (word find, balsam) I acted out the steps of the עבודה. For Kedoshim, we went through the Mitzvos to see how many the students would recognize.
Homework: RT: כח-לא R: לב-ו
Homework sheet with translating phrases and מי אמר למי